As soon as your investigations are complete, your results will be reviewed by the consultant fertility doctor and discussed in depth with you. Then it is time to select a donor.
You select a person that best fits your ideal profile from a pool of donors who are available at the time that you decide to proceed. We give you access to the secure Sims IVF internet portal and your Co-ordinator provides you with a username and password so that you can access the confidential portal.
On the appointed date, you and your partner can view prospective donors and make your selection privately, in your own home.
The information that is available to you about the donor includes:
- A donor ID number
- Age, Height, Natural hair colour, Natural eye colour, Complexion (fair, olive etc)
- Blood type
- Ethnic origin
- Education levels achieved, Interests and hobbies, Current occupation
- Children (number and age(s))
- Parents, Siblings, Maternal grandparents and Paternal grandparents
- Whether there are twins or multiple pregnancies in the family
- Reason for wanting to donate eggs
- If available, a childhood photograph of the donor
Once your choice is emailed to the Sims IVF co-ordinators, the next donation of eggs by your chosen donor is reserved exclusively for you and their details are removed from the donor pool for that cycle.